|Holiday Season is a Great Time to Sell!|
Well actually, there are 7984 reasons why! That is the number of single-family and condominium home sellers in Middlesex County who accepted offers on their houses last year between November 15 and January 15. That includes 22 in Sudbury, 12 in Wayland, 17 in Concord, and 18 in Maynard. In Weston, there were 16, 22 in Hudson, and in Acton there were 30!
Sale prices for the properties that accepted offers during the holidays ranged from $108,000 for a condominium in Acton to $5,500,000 for a luxury estate in Weston; and all prices ranges in between.
So why do houses sell over the holidays? Because:
- Buyers have time to look; unused vacation days; companies give their employees extra time for shopping.
- Holiday/year-end bonuses.
- Motivated buyers who missed out or were out-bid in the Spring, Summer and Fall markets.
- New jobs - companies hire for the new year. Relocating buyers need to make decisions soon.
- People get engaged, married, combine households and need more space.
- Visiting family brings out the nesting instinct.
- Down-payment holiday gifts - click here to out how your family can give money tax-free.
- Good deals; buyers are seeing price reductions from sellers who are ready to move.
- People are in the mood to shop and there's nothing better than buying a house!
So if your house is currently on the market, hang in there; the inconvenience can be worth it. If you are planning to sell, do it now. You'll be ahead of the competition and be ready to move forward.
If you are ready to buy or sell in Concord, Wayland, Sudbury, or any of the towns west of Boston - call Marilyn at 508-596-3501 or visit www.marilynmessenger.com to see homes for sale in Massachusetts.